Thursday, November 8, 2007

Badminton Blast- 07 Nov 07

The hard work in getting fit seems to be paying off. I was a little skeptical about this week badminton session after dismal performance on the Tennis court, last Monday.

The first match was a tight affair as we were still warming up though we pulled it off. Second match was much better. Third match is when things started turning around. This is against superior opponents. Down 0-8, I decided to go fully offensive. After some tight rallies we won our first point and from then on started getting better and better with a final score of 21-16. Fully warmed up after a very testy match, rest of the evening went very well. Though I wasn’t playing my best Badminton consistently, I am not too far off from it either.

At no point I felt tired. I could have gone on with that level of play for another 1-2 hours with out really tiring out. As I looked around at some of the other players I realized that the fitness regime I subscribed to is now paying off.

Generally my muscles get very sore during my return trip to home after badminton session. Not yesterday.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the session and I fully believe that it’s only a matter of time before I can play even better badminton (this is only the 3 session of the season) and some top class tennis.

No comments: