Monday, November 19, 2007

Badminton 11/13 – Average Fare

This badminton session was an average fare. I won most of my matches but I wasn’t playing well. I missed routine smashes and often ended up being a step slow. However nothing to do with Fitness (may be it is but in a different way). It took me a long time to get warmed up. This is one of the disadvantages if you train hard but try playing matches with out good warm up. I had a late meeting at work and reached home late. Since we car pool to Badminton I had less than 10 minutes to get ready (that includes spending time with my cute little baby). We reached there 15 minutes late. Typically we hit for 5 minutes before we start the first match. However most people already warmed up and we (me and my friends) had less than 2-3 minutes of warm up.

I am paying a lot of attention to my fitness and I usually see that it takes 10-12 minutes (and some times almost 15 minutes) of Elliptical exercise before body reaches steady state. I am not exactly sure how it translates on Badminton/Tennis but I would guess it would be around the same.

I am not playing the Monday night Tennis ladder this week as indicated before. I will be playing starting next week (26 Nov). It will be 3 weeks of No Tennis action. My agent is talking to a fellow Pro’s agent and trying to arrange a practice hit session on Friday ( he he he) . I would love to have this session to check myself and make any last minute adjustments if needed before I retrace my steps towards upper berths of the ladder on Monday.

In the coming weeks I want to focus on some finite aspects of the game. For now I will leave out Volleying as a “point” time decision. I will most focus on my movement, Inside out forehand and reliable backhand. Except for the backhand part, rest of them is fairly easy to me and that’s why I hope to enjoy my tennis sessions.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Have your agent call my agent