Wednesday, March 26, 2008

First dose of Outdoor tennis

Yesterday Jack and I decided we will try to play outdoors. So we showed up around 5 pm. As we got on the courts, there is cold breeze and occasional gusts. It was hard to setup Jack’s ball machine as the wind didn’t allow us to get consistent readings.

We still managed to hit for a bit and then played a no limit tie breaker. Jack played very good under the cold conditions. We stopped tracking score towards the end but I know at one point he is leading like 16-5. His serving was good and he hit a lot of winners. Other than one or two serves where I really hit the spots, there wasn’t much to write about on my game.

Good start I guess though weather conditions could have been better. There was a time when I felt that I needed gloves to keep my hands warm.

Yesterday I lost a bid on a ball machine. So the search continues.

1 comment:

Jack said...

I guess being a native New Englander and you from a warmer climate plays to my advantage so I should do well against you if there is a snowball in hell.