Monday, March 10, 2008

Farewell for Winter Tennis

I decided that I would go and play tonight. Unless the weather turns too cold and I miss Tennis too much, this will be the last session with the Ladder. The only reason why I am playing today is my email system was down over the weekend and the email I sent out for a Substitute bounced back. I don’t want to pull out at the last minute (unless of course there is a valid reason). Another reason is since I play in the bottom group, I can test my Sword from Sheath Backhand (read my last post).

My preparations are far from ideal. I haven’t played recently and based on badminton sessions, I am not playing optimal. My family got sick over the weekend and we spent considerable time trying to recover from it. However the past 3 workout sessions are good and I once again started to enjoy them. I started doing weights as well – so back to full fledged workouts. I also bought a new machine to work out the Abs, lower body and builds core strength- many Tennis pundits say key for more power in tennis. We will see how it goes. The heart rates and etc (including the warming up part) have returned to normal.

It will also give me a chance to test my theory. As I indicated in the past my performance dips when I start doing weights. I want to see how tonight goes.

With any luck I might play Andy (the #1 player of the ladder) who is currently at the bottom of the draw because he hasn’t played in a long time. In the same boat as me. I want to use this last session to collect some readings against him.

Weather looks decent these days and I am hopeful we may get to start the outdoor season early.

So looking forward to this session. I will be officially quitting the ladder tomorrow.

No comments: