Sunday, November 29, 2009

Monday 22 Nov 09 results

Not a whole lot to write about. It is rather a disappointing day for ATP (Architect Tennis Players) ie Jack and myself.

The injury worry wasnt too much a factor though it did impact me at times.

I started out with Ajay (who is sub'ing for Carl). I grossly underestimated his game. I saw him playing couple of weeks against Carl and basically didnt think that he is a good player. It turns out that he can belt the forehand pretty good and while his serve isnt great by any stretch does bite low. He threw in a lot of forehand winners against me and raced into a 2-0 lead. Even during warm up i noticed that he has a weak backhand and once i got a grip of his pace, started slowly attacking his backhand. I also warmed up around this time and my serve started clicking and that set the tone. He only one of the last 5 games and i won the match 4-3.

Wayne is red hot and there isnt a whole lot for me to say. My serve didnt bite as i would have liked and Wayne whipped me good with a 2-5 score line.

Jack had a forgettable night so far walking into last match with me. I had 6 games and Jack had 3. The race is now really between us to see who is going to stay and who is going to drop.

Jack, One of the exciting racketsmen from hartford, who counter punched 15 awesome points the other monday night , Never showed up. Jack wouldnt win one more game this night and we ran out of time with me leading 6-0 against him.

As it turns out, this one abandoned game costed me a place in the top 7 pm. Myself and Wayne ended up with 12 points (if i had won the abandoned 7 game against Jack, i would be at 13). I tried to talk to tournament director but i knew i dont have a whole lot going for me. I dropped my appeal once i realized that i was the third best this night (Ajay apparently had 14 games, Wayne and me tied at 12). Definitely didnt deserve to move up on default--but i was pretty confident that i could have pulled the 7 game against Jack--if for no reason other than that Jack wasnt himself.

The draw for next week (ie Monday 29) came out and I stayed put at bottom of 7 pm while Jack dropped down to 0830. This week's draw is very tough and absolutely no margin for error. I am drawn against Paul S(Sandeep), Dan S and Carl. Each of them proven winners at the very top.

I wouldnt call Jack's draw easy but he has the game to pull this off. He drew Dave A and Dave C and then Lanh. He has Dave A's number , coming off a 6-1 against Dave C the other monday and he never played Lanh.



No comments: