Monday, November 23, 2009

Injury Scare

My preparations for Monday (23 Nov 09) took a hit with a hip injury. I am not sure when it happened but i realized it in the last week or so. I experience pain in the right hip couple of hours after a good run on a tread mill. Even though i observed it a week ago, i tried to plough through it. But now it came to the point, where it is really hurting me.

My wife scared me enough that i had to go and see doctor. The doctor ruled out any sciatic kinda serious stuff but suggested that i take it real easy for a week or two on running. He thinks i might have hurt my sacroiliac joint.

Though i am seeing considerable stiffness, i decided to play this monday after all. The major reason is that "I love to play". Then there is also te 7 pm thingy. If i dont play, i am definite drop down to 0830 next week and who knows what all i have to do get back to 7 pm. Lastly, too many tickets have been sold for Jack vs Me match---just kidding.

Some Ibuprofen, Bengae and some light massage , i hope to be good enough to play. It will be tough against Jack as he loves to make people run and thats where my injury hurts me most-with my movement. Wayne and Carl are tough too and i am hoping that i can do enough to stay at 7pm and deal with it next week at which time i hope to be rested and fit.

No comments: