Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Winter Tennis Wrap up

With Outdoors warming up and Winter looking like a distant memory, Its time to Close the Winter session of Tennis and look for free tennis outdoors.

My last session was mid March and i didnt play in the ladder after that. Despite that i still remained at the top bracket of ladder until mid April before i pulled out. In any case, the last ladder session is on next monday and i am not playing.

This Winter ladder has been a great experience and i definitely went much further than i ever did. In summary , Even with all the top players (like Eric) in the ladder, i played as a legitimate #3 or #4 and at peak of the season i could arguably be the #2. I became a perennial fixture at the top of the 7pm. This season also established my Two handed Backhand and my movement and defense are more refined.

We also established a Tennis website with all the scores.

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=24230:5:6207439575252990::NO:::

My 2009 Winter season stats read as follows.

Games won-211,Games Lost-218,Win/Loss Ratio: 00.492

Some of these stats are skewed because of my miserable results towards the late season (not to mention some drubbing by Eric). Still winning 211 games isnt a small feat.

Thats all history now and outdoor season has begun. I havent played any serious matches yet and in any case my results wont be spectacular any time soon as i rebuild my strokes. I am tinkering with my strings, grips and ofcourse forehand. As experience shows, these things take time and during that period results can be disappointing. My goal is to become #1 next winter session and i want to use the outdoor season to arm myself. So i expect Jack to hammer me all over the place during the first few sessions before i can see some good results.

Considering that i played for #1 six or seven times, i am not that far off from being a #1. I have put a lot of work on improving fitness and that should help me practice harder and smarter during the 5 outdoor months. I will be taking some tennis lessons to work my forehand and make it formidable. I will probably doing some video taping and several ball machine drills.

This time of the year also has a few more things to look forward to. NBA playoffs and follow LA Lakers. Ofcourse French Open and Wimbledon are around the corner and USopen is only a few months away.

Out goes Winter, Here comes Outdoor Tennis!!

No comments: