Thursday, April 29, 2010

2009 Winter Ladder Conclusion

While i didnt attend the last official day of Monday night ladder, I was told that there are prized for the top three performers of the season. I didnt expect it but i came in Third behind Luciano and Vishwas.

This prize is another way of confirmation of improvements i made in my game. Arguably there are few more good players (Eric and Tom ) who have consistently beaten me but they didnt play long enough to rake in ranking points. Just like in ATP tennis, one has to play long enough to sustain ranking points.

I knew that i came in third based on the stats website though there was a slight disagreement on who came first between my stats website and the tournament referee.

Even officially, 2009 Winter tennis came to a close. Wednesday night Badminton has two more weeks left before it winds down and will open up my schedule significantly. Hopefully weather will also become more consistent rather than the flaky 70 degree today, 45 degree tommorow weather.

I played Jack over the weekend and despite me taking a 3-1 lead , Jack ended up with 6-4 score. Conditions are extremely windy and i didnt adopt well. Making matter worse, i didnt even play aggressive (the style i really am trying to play). Jack's consistency carried him through. I was way off on my serve and ground strokes.

No comments: