Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tennis Results Feb 08 2010-- Couldnt get it done

I lost to Paul in a disappointing 3-6,6-1, 5-7 (tie break) game. My game wasnt on and i didnt really get good bearings on my game. I didnt serve well or played well. In the second set i did have occassional flashes of good serves and good passing shots but thats it.

After 6 attempts at #1, it wasnt to be this year. I plan to come back stronger and better next year and hopefully get the job done. The feeling i had after the match is still livid in me and hope that fire burns in me and forces me to practice and play better.

I am not planning to play next week and may play the week after. That gets us into March and i may continue playing alternating weeks until end of March. If there is any oppurtunity to compete at the top, i may be tempted again but i am not eagerly looking forward at this time.

I havent been to Gym since last saturday as i have trouble putting weight on my left leg ankle. I plan to rest till it feels better and then resume work outs and conditioning. I am planning to take some tennis classes in March /April and supplement them with good practice so that i can reinforce what i learnt during the outdoor season.

Overall the season so far is still a very successful season for me. I played consistently at the top and been at #2 for about 6 weeks out of 17 weeks I played so far and been at 7 pm for 15 weeks (just the two weeks i needed to get out of 7 pm). I have beat every player except two (Eric & Vishwas). Made good improvements in Backhand.

So a lot to look forward and learn for the Outdoor season-- Cant wait to take on Jack and Andy outdoors.

No comments: