Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More Monday Tennis stuff (01-Feb-2010)

Its official now. Commissioner decided that i have enough points to move up (factually i do!) to move up and play for #1 next week. One slight change is that i will be playing Paul as he beat Vishwas last week to remain at the top of ladder World Rankings. My challenge remains still tough as ever with the only change being that i happened to beat Paul in the past.

A few other items that i felt worth mentioning are that i will finish February at 7pm regardless of how i play the remaining sessions. If we consider the fact that last year and year before, i struggled to make 7pm cut ,to Now , a regular presence at 7pm is a big turn around.

The win against Luciano is also satisfying. Strategy wise i have the best possible plan to play him that is still within the limits of my game --attack the Backhand. In the past, i would jump into big lead with this strategy but somehow let it slip by. This time, i sustained the same urgency through out. I was also helped by the fact that Luciano chose to attack the net and helped me rip some passing shots.

I probably will play next week for one more shot at Paul and #1 -- too much of an oppurtunity to pass up.

I have started working on strengthening muscles. I am trying to build a platform for first couple of weeks before i start pushing myself very hard. I am hoping that if i can build a strong core that will go well with my current cardio stamina for a strong Spring-summer-fall Tennis season.
I have approximately 8 weeks left before we are in April --possible start of outdoor season. It isnt a lot of time but can be done if i execute correctly. I need to clear my head from getting bogged down with Tennis results for the rest of the season and look at the big picture as i decided i would early january.

I have also got commitments from some of the players in the ladder that they would play us (me/Jack) during the outdoor season. This variety and experience can go long way in improving the game.

Badminton season is in full swing as well. I am playing good in patches but no where near to the standards i used to play couple of years ago. Some of that has to do with my doubles partners and their desire to stick to game execution plans. However my level also dipped mainly because of not paying enough focus to results. May be during march and april, i will try to push more on Badmiton.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Awesome job! Good luck Satish. Forehand and strategy prevail...plus that good serve!