Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Monday Tennis results (04-Jan-10) -- Disappointing

My first tennis session of the new year ended on a sour note. For the first time, i had a legitimate chance to become #1 as Eric pulled out this week and it was a match between me and Vishwas.

Simply put, i needed to win two sets against Vishwas and i am the #1. However my busy vacation week caught up to me. Too many movies, late nights and lack of sleep left me physically and mentally spent and Vishwas took over the #1 with 6-2,6-1 demolition. My serve was way off and my forehand and backhand were too weak.

It is disappointing but i guess i have to pick up the pieces and move on. Even if i were to be a #1 for a week, it wont change the fact that Eric is really the true #1. I wish i could have kept these games competitive.

Before this season, i am most comfortable with standard Tennis sets (ie win 6 games with difference of two and with AD). Now i have adopted to the Ladder format and i am struggling a bit with Tennis sets.

All said and done, it boils down to my serve. My backhand , which has improved since last season (due to the Two handed backhand switch) and my serve are really keeping me in contention. My forehand is consistent but not powerful. My fortunes fluctuated with my serve and when it is down, my results are down.

Regardless of results, i will have two more weeks at 7 pm and with One good performance, i can complete January at 7pm. I am fast running out of Budget dollars and will need to start subng pretty soon. I estimate that i have 4-6 sessions left and if i play continuously, i will run out of it by second week of february. one school of thought is to play alternate weeks thereby stretch into Mid March.

The Big news of the night is the arrival of new world #2 -- Jack. Yes, Jack topped the 7pm group and will be playing Vishwas for #1. Exactlty a year ago, Jack was ranked #1 and now he is one good week away from reclaiming his spot. Gentlemen, It is the change of Guard at EHRC. Jack is contemplating subng as well due to budgetary reasons and so he will do his best to stay at the very top as long as possible before he pulls out.

Here is the website to check the scores.


http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=24230:6:5159308771439474::NO

1 comment:

Jack said...

You've been consistently good in upper tier of 7PM group. Wouldn't worry about your serve. It is one of the best. I can see how change to your lifestyle over vacation could cause being sluggish. Get some rest and you are favorite to win top Group. I didn't have to play Luciano or Satish lately (combined horrendous 1 - 19) so I've had easier draws moving to top. Luck of the draw sometimes. I don't expect too much with the Vishwas match but as you know, I need to go in with confidence. You have had multple matches at the top this year. Nice job on the web site! L8r