Thursday, December 20, 2007

Badminton 12/12, 12/19 and Tennis 12/17

I got a bit busy and didn’t get a chance to update my blog.
My badminton on 12/12 is average and nothing much to write about. I played well in patches and won some games and ended up with an overall winning record. The only thing of significance is that I changed my grip and tried to experiment. With this grip I was able to play a finesse game at the net though my power game (smashes etc) suffered.

What I got out of it is that I can play good net game if I can put some more interest into it. I also need to learn to change the grips quickly.

I scored enough tennis points to stay at 0700 PM for the 12/17 session. I had to baby sit during that time and hence opted out of 0700. I did play at 0830 as a Sub. I didn’t do any of my pre-match rituals (warm up , Bottled Propel , stretching ) . I also didn’t get good sleep for the past few nights as I am trying to change my sleep clock to be set for the time zone for my vacation in less than 5 days.

I tried to show case my 2HBH (two handed back hand). My first match was with Mike. I felt that he doesn’t have any weapons that would cause me concern. The final score was 4-3 in his favor. I used western forehand to hit some winners but my server wasn’t working and I double faulted a lot.

I was worse in second match (warren). I lost 6-1 because I wasn’t in it at all. Also he played very good and hit some great shots.

In my Third match (Thomas-Sub) I was down 0-3. Then I suddenly found my range and started making shots and firing some serve. I finally closed it 4-3 .

Over all not a good performance. Serve is bad, forehand was flaky. 2HBH was a disaster. I can’t seem to learn to hit a backhand.

12/19 Badminton wasn’t any different. Glimpses of good shot making followed by some awful mistakes. However I took my baby to the courts and she, being 11 months old had a great time. I am almost certain that she is into sports. Time will tell.

I have a Tennis practice hit session scheduled on 12/24. This is with a friend of mine and my goal is to enjoy the time there. I wont be able to post any updates on that session until New year. I will try to post some updates on my vacation.

This wraps up my 2007 Tennis. My next session will be on Jan 28. Looking back at this year I feel I made progress. My Serve improved and so did my forehand. I didn’t play as much tennis as I would like to in summer but kind of making up for it in Winter.

I would like to use the things I learned in 2007 to launch into 2008. I want to improve my backhand, make my Serve lethal and add more variety into my forehand.


An interesting year thus draws to a close. Enjoy your Holidays. Happy Newyear 2008 and Thanks for all the support.

No comments: