Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Monday tennis results (07-Mar-2011)-- Three way Tie

Jack , Wayne and I all ended up on 11 points. To further complicate matters, I beat Wayne (4-3) , while Jack beat me (4-3) and Wayne beat Jack (4-3) to make it a Three way tie.

Dan sub'd out and we ended up playing Sub John again who gave me lots of trouble the week before. This time around i was up 4-1 against him and then 4-1 against Wayne but kinda let them back into the matches to make it 4-3 against them. This time around i have served well and played a good strategy. I did have 3 deuce games against John and Wayne but couldnt convert them.

Jack played very well and i didnt react well to his game. I played too passive and jack used his drop shot effectively. we played last and towards mid point of the match, when Jack is leading 3-2, we knew the result of John-Wayne match and hence the winner of our last two games would move up automatically. Jack won his game and i held my nerves to hold on to my serve and make it 3-4. Though Jack won this match, we all tied on 11 games.

A quick look at rule book used by our commissioner states that in such cases where there is no clear winner, the higher seeded player is given the tie. Based on last week's performance, i was seeded higher than Jack and Wayne and perhaps i will move up.

The campaign to move to the top still continues though i only have 3 more weeks left. I am travelling the first two weeks of April and wont be able to play. Once i return from my trip, i want to focus on fitness and conditioning for the remainder of April as the outdoor season gets underway in late April. Regardless of my results in the coming weeks, It is still a great season thus far. I started at the very bottom (seeded 22) and was able to work my way up in a very short span. Assuming that i move up this week, i will be seeded #4 and that in itself is a great accomplishment though i wouldnt want to stop there.




No comments: