Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Tennis & NBA

Weekend was really hectic. I got stuck with work and had to work until 3 AM saturday AM before i got to sleep. That took my whole saturday off rhythm. However i found time to play with a friend/neighbhour of mine. This player has one of the most potent serve and can get creative with his shots. When in flow, it is tough to stop him.

I played a good game with good serves, nice defense and some memorable winners. Hitting forehand winners always feels good and its been a while since i hit a few. My 2handed backhand held up well. I lead 5-2 and was one point away from wrapping up the set when my friend some of the best tennis to pull me back 5-3. I broken his serve in the next game and won the set 6-3.

We started second set but took up on an offer made by some guys on other courts for a doubles game. We played two sets and won them both. Both my friend and me were on with our serve and our baseline game. This pretty much helped us win our games easily and our opponents have a weak link in them (as one player isnt too good).

All in all, feeling good about my game so far.

Another great development. LosAngeles Lakers win the 2009 NBA title. I cant be any happier.Kobe Bryant is the greatest player i have seen (I wasnt into NBA during days of Michael Jordan)

No comments: