Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Monday Tennis Preview 03 Nov

As expected it will be Jack, Carl, I and a sub battling out tonight at the bottom half of the 7 pm for a place into 7 pm Prime time. It is going to be as tough as it can get. In some ways last week was little easier in the sense that I have no chance against Andy and Carl/Paul are some what susceptible against consistent players. This week it will be the Tennis Samurai Jack who plays consistent and good tennis and then Carl –my record against him not with standing, can easily topple me.

My goal is at least win as many games as I did last week (8) and see if can Improve my result by a game or two. If I play like last week, I will give myself a good chance to top the pool unless the Sub happens to be an excellent player. I don’t think my game has reached the levels of last year where I can dominate players. So my wins if at all will be small and margins will be less whereas some of my opponents can win matches with lopsided scores which is a huge advantage in the ladder. This is a long season and I want to build up my game properly and withstand the game styles of various opponents.

The build up into tonight is rather normal. After last Monday’s tennis, I played Badminton on Wednesday (skipped Tuesday swimming due to Diwali) and that’s more or less it. I didn’t get a chance to do any Gym. In any case I want to rest a little bit after last Badminton session. I had a very good session and my game is returning to normal and my smashes showing good penetration and I appear to be moving well. However I felt fatigued last Thursday and hence I decided to skip Gym for the week and instead try to get some rest to recharge batteries. The flu shots on Wednesday didn’t help either.

We will see if the rest is going to help or hurt me tonight. I happened to watch the Paris masters cup final between David Nalbandian (one of my fav players) and Jo Wilfred Tsonga. Tsonga served the lights out and played as well as he did in this years Australian Open. Nalbandian played good to win a set but in the end couldn’t handle Tsonga’s serve.

No comments: